BC Boards

Puppy is 12lbs at 10 weeks

My Callie...who I think is a ACD/BC mix..was about 12 lbs at 10 weeks too. She is now 5 months old and weighs 27 pounds! The funny thing is...she isn't very tall. She has been growing mostly longer and wider, but she is still pretty short. I can't wait for her height to catch up with her length cuz she looks funny with her tiny head and long wide barrel body.

Your baby is just so adorable!!! She has alot of black ticking just like my Callie.

Janet

My Callie...who I think is a ACD/BC mix..was about 12 lbs at 10 weeks too. She is now 5 months old and weighs 27 pounds! The funny thing is...she isn't very tall. She has been growing mostly longer and wider, but she is still pretty short. I can't wait for her height to catch up with her length cuz she looks funny with her tiny head and long wide barrel body.

Your baby is just so adorable!!! She has alot of black ticking just like my Callie.

Janet

Thanks Janet! That gives me a pretty good idea, and Debbie said about 40lbs which is what I was thinking too-but I had no clue really. This little one is actually my newest foster, but someone had asked how big she would get, and I didn't know what to tell them. Was Callie leggy when she was young? Because this girl has leeeegs! I'm thinking she might be rather tall??

My purebred ACD (blue heeler) is considered on the bigger size for a female. Foster is 18.5" (females usually less than 19") and she normally weighs about 33lbs but I keep her thin. Foster has longer legs and was all legs and ears for months.

I still say your foster is gorgeous and I hate my husband for saying no more dogs.