BC Boards

anyone know of any source for this?

kelpiegirl

Okay, I have my stop whistle memorized- a toot is not hard. What do each flank whistles sound like? Well, I know them when I hear them, but can anyone here suggest an I-tune (hee heehee!) or other web source for what the sounds sound like? I am looking just for the flanks now. If not a source, if someone can write out the sounds on the board- sort of like if it is WEEEE-YOOOOOO, or YOOOOO-WEEEEE. I have some time now to practice, and I would like to start using whistles more as she is much more receptive to them..

Why not just buy one of the whistle tapes/CDs available from Border Collies in Action? I like Kent Kuykendall's for folks just starting out, but there are others that have been produced since then. That way, you get not only the various sounds, but also some instruction/philosophy behind whistling and choosing appropriate whistle commands.

J.

Okay, I have my stop whistle memorized- a toot is not hard. What do each flank whistles sound like? Well, I know them when I hear them, but can anyone here suggest an I-tune (hee heehee!) or other web source for what the sounds sound like? I am looking just for the flanks now. If not a source, if someone can write out the sounds on the board- sort of like if it is WEEEE-YOOOOOO, or YOOOOO-WEEEEE. I have some time now to practice, and I would like to start using whistles more as she is much more receptive to them..

You can always do what I did and have someone leave your whistles on your answering machine ;-) Just make sure your dog is put up or out when they call...worked for me :rolleyes:

That's a FREAKING GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Julie- thanks for the idea- I just sort of wanted to skip the middle man. Think I will be calling someone tonight :D

You can always do what I did and have someone leave your whistles on your answering machine ;-) Just make sure your dog is put up or out when they call...worked for me :rolleyes:

Sam put Cord's whistles on my phone voice mail, then they turned out to be too faint for me to hear unfortunately - but we rarely use whistles anyway. I guess if we start up trialing again I'll have to put those back together. Or do new ones - it's been so long he's probably forgotten. :rolleyes: