BC Boards

Lucy's Big Adventure

Hi All,

I just sent my Lucy to work at a large sheep operation for the winter. She is the granddaughter of my Tess. She is also Pleat's granddaughter. She worked at my place on 80 plus sheep and field less than 100 acres so needless to say 500 sheep in 500 acres was a huge surprise for her.

I trained her and ran her in PN and Nursery this yr. Just before she loaded up to go to her new adventure she won a PN trial. That same trial her grandma, Tess won the Open class.

Lucy is at Eric's place for the winter getting some miles in...she is loving it.

Here is his blog..(ignore the fact he misspelled my name and said Lucy is brown/white when she is red/white)

http://www.harlowshillswestcoast.com/sheep_camp.htm

Enjoy

Diane

Hi Diane

Is this the same "Eric" who had Dillon the kelpie?

Hi All,

I just sent my Lucy to work at a large sheep operation for the winter. She is the granddaughter of my Tess. She is also Pleat's granddaughter. She worked at my place on 80 plus sheep and field less than 100 acres so needless to say 500 sheep in 500 acres was a huge surprise for her.

I trained her and ran her in PN and Nursery this yr. Just before she loaded up to go to her new adventure she won a PN trial. That same trial her grandma, Tess won the Open class.

Lucy is at Eric's place for the winter getting some miles in...she is loving it.

Here is his blog..(ignore the fact he misspelled my name and said Lucy is brown/white when she is red/white)

http://www.harlowshillswestcoast.com/sheep_camp.htm

Enjoy

Diane

Cool blog. Makes me kind of jealous of Lucy, sitting here at a computer while she's out riding the range and all.

This blog entry cracked me up. what with all the $%@ arguments on this board about who ought to be breeding whom to what and why:

Cameron’s dog Rocket that I have for a while got his first breeding yesterday. Sky had a older bitch that was in deep heat. He had bred her to a couple of his ranch dogs in the past but needed an outcross. He is only 3yo and didn’t know what was what but she showed him what the deal was and he was tided with her within 20 minutes. I would have put Mick to her but she has a lot of white and Mick is very white as well. Too much white on a border collie can cause deafness. She is from Sky’s base ranch-dogs line.

Eric's a good writer. There were a few tidbits that made me laugh out loud, but I'll leave it to the rest of you to find your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Diane for that blog, I put it up on my favorites list so I could go back and see whats going on out there from time to time. Boy, I sure wish I could send my dogs on a working holiday like that. Heck, I think I may even enjoy it myself, and Im no slouch at fencing, Lord knows until I put them behind eletric, my horses kept me at it all the time. Destructive beasts. I didnt know blogs like that exsisted. Thanks for sharing. Darci

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...