BC Boards

qustion of a delicate nature

My older dog Dallas had a large lypoma removed from the base of her tail today .Some skin had to be removed and a bit of realignment had to be done .I imagine that I will need to keep her bowel movements regular and soft. Being an RN I know how to manage this with humans but dont know about dogs .what is the best thing to feed her until she heals up ?

Your vet should be giving you this information... In any case, I recently had to give my dog dulcolax after rectal surgery. I would ask your vet though.

My older dog Dallas had a large lypoma removed from the base of her tail today .Some skin had to be removed and a bit of realignment had to be done .I imagine that I will need to keep her bowel movements regular and soft. Being an RN I know how to manage this with humans but dont know about dogs .what is the best thing to feed her until she heals up ?

Guest WoobiesMom
:rolleyes::D:D Er....I dont know what that means, but Im not sure I'd be bragging about it lol. :D:D:D

It means all dogs I come in contact with end up with soft stools no matter what! Sort of an inside joke, but with all of Woobie's issues, I feel like I'm cursed! All the things people recommend here just made him runnier! So, if your dog gets constipated, I'm your girl!!! :D

It means all dogs I come in contact with end up with soft stools no matter what! Sort of an inside joke, but with all of Woobie's issues, I feel like I'm cursed! All the things people recommend here just made him runnier! So, if your dog gets constipated, I'm your girl!!! :rolleyes:

So I guess that would make you the "Bowel Whisperer" LOL :D