BC Boards

Who was that photographer?

kelpiegirl

Hi

It wasn't the announcer- I saw him. This guy had a vest on, and was either my height or shorter, and asked if my Kelpie was a Dobie :rolleyes:

He took several photos of her- and I would like to know where they may be... Maybe he was with the press- he had that obligatory vest on, with lots of pockets etc..

The professional announcer was taking photos with his camera on a tripod set-up under the easy-up to the right of the handler's gate. There were also a few photographers from the press.

Mark

Mark - I don't think the announcer was. There was another guy there taking pictures who looked like the announcer. I don't know who he was but i think he might be someone who has dogs himself. He was around for the better part of more than one day - i kept getting in his way when i'd get off the mule to go push sheep off the field.

Hi ya'll

The photographer's name is Dennis...what a great guy! He spent quite a bit of time volunteering in the camping area for me........he is local to Gettysburg and is quite the photographer! I saw some of the pictures he took at the finals...just brilliant really! He has been around the world photographing different events...his next event is to photograph a medical mission in Africa ( or some other exotic place)..what a nice man and a great sense of humor! :-) I've given him my contact information and he said he would put up a website of all the pictures when he is finished. I'll pass on the information when I get it!

with kind regards

Donna Cox

Hi Donna

Thanks sooo much!!!

Julie

Hi ya'll

The photographer's name is Dennis...what a great guy! He spent quite a bit of time volunteering in the camping area for me........he is local to Gettysburg and is quite the photographer! I saw some of the pictures he took at the finals...just brilliant really! He has been around the world photographing different events...his next event is to photograph a medical mission in Africa ( or some other exotic place)..what a nice man and a great sense of humor! :-) I've given him my contact information and he said he would put up a website of all the pictures when he is finished. I'll pass on the information when I get it!

with kind regards

Donna Cox

• 4 weeks later...

My husband John and I are maybe not the professional photograper at the finals you were referring to, although my husband fits the description short, gray hair -old. We were there through Saturday and took over a thousand pictures (thank goodness for digital cameras!) We were sitting in the front of the visitors tent with our BC Calli every day, met and talked to many friendly and helpful people.

Our purpose for the camera action is that I am a watercolor artist and painting herding, sheep, border collies, handlers, etc. are my favorite subjects. I have already painted several watercolors from the finals. I am not in the same league as John Weiss, but most people like my work. It is very affordable since art is my passion, and not my livelyhood.

If anyone is interested in seeing what I have done from the nationals I would love to share with you.

Bev

Hi

Was your hubby near the announcer wearing a khaki vest? That's who I was thinking of... Donna- do you have any update on the photos?

My husband John and I are maybe not the professional photograper at the finals you were referring to, although my husband fits the description short, gray hair -old. We were there through Saturday and took over a thousand pictures (thank goodness for digital cameras!) We were sitting in the front of the visitors tent with our BC Calli every day, met and talked to many friendly and helpful people.

Our purpose for the camera action is that I am a watercolor artist and painting herding, sheep, border collies, handlers, etc. are my favorite subjects. I have already painted several watercolors from the finals. I am not in the same league as John Weiss, but most people like my work. It is very affordable since art is my passion, and not my livelyhood.

If anyone is interested in seeing what I have done from the nationals I would love to share with you.

Bev