BC Boards

good plan or bad plan?

AKB

So, after Arthur's digestive difficulties last week, I have changed our routine a bit. Rather than feeding Ingrid and Arthur two one cup servings of kibble every day, I have started feeding them four meals per day (same amount of kibble) and have added a tablespoon of organic lowfat yogurt as a snack about a half hour after every meal. Does this sound sensible? Pasqual is also getting yogurt, not because he has ever had any digestive problems, but he feels that if the peasant puppies get it, he should too.

How much do yours eat per day? So far, three tablespoons seems to be working for us. We do four meals, but the husband always forgets to give them their yogurt while I'm gone, so three it is.

I give Senneca her yoghurt, all in one go, after her morning meal. I simply fill a small bowl as a measure, but it would be about 4 tbs, at a guess.

I see- thanks guys! I don't know if I mentioned in the post about Arthur being sick- but the good news when we went to the vet was that he has gained ten pounds since he found us in late June. Although, I think he vomited about five on the ride home. Poor little guy. He gets so carsick. I forget how different he looks until I look at his older pictures. He's such a sweet boy, we're so lucky. I hope he grows out of having tummy troubles.

My Rosie has a delicate tummy. I didn't really want to add a lot to her gut, though, working on the theory that anything I give her is going out the other end so the less liquid or soft the better.... so I bought her acidophilus pills at the health food store. I keep them in the fridge and just break one over her bowl and mix it in.

It's worked a treat.