BC Boards

I'd love your opinion

Ok, I just started working for this brand new food company, called Blue Buffalo. And from what I've learned and read so far, it sounds awesome. Its a brand new holistic food, all ingredients are human grade, and it has these incredible 'life source bits' which are basically multi-vitamins 'cold formed' to lock in all the good stuff.

I'll be able to write more when I learn more about it. But for now...

Go to www.BlueBuff.com and tell me what you guys think.

Sarah,

I've looked at it before in PetsMart and I think it's a pretty good food. Even the protein:fat ratio for the adult chicken recipe food is closer to the 3:2 ratio I like. FWIW, I'd try it on my dogs, and haven't probably only because I don't often shop at PetsMart and haven't seen it where I do shop.

J.

I have been feeding it to our Shih tzus (allergies) for awhile now and they LOVE it. They are really doing well on it. Nice coats, good wieght, clear eyes/ears, etc.

And as Dazzle keeps sneaking in and eating it, I would say that she likes it too. :rolleyes:

I switched to Blue Buffalo just a few months ago basically cuz ppl on here didn't think too highly of Nutro (used for 5 yrs) so I looked closer at the ingredients and picked BB at Petsmart.

Haven't had any problems with it. My dogs seem the same - which I've been pleased with. In fact.. I'm due to purchase some more.

I wish Petco would carry it, so it would be convenient to pick it up there should i be close to that store at the time.

Oh, the one thing I didn't like is the Fish flavored one, cuz it DOES smell like fish. PEA-YEW! So I use the chicken one for River & diet one for my overweight GSD/Chow.

I don't feed Nutro because there are better kibbles out there, and because I have not had good experiences with Nutro. It made my first dog throw up in the mornings (I didn't connect it to the food until I changed brands and she stopped puking), and gave Solo the runs. I tend to switch between a few different foods. Right now the dogs are eating Nature's Variety Lamb.

I have checked out BB and the ingredients look good. I have a few cans I keep on hand in case I have to travel for a period of time and raw is not convenient.

I recently purchased their treats - the dogs weren't too impressed at first but now will eat them.

I've been feeding my dogs Nutro kibble along with homemade chicken and brown rice for years and they are doing well on it. The Vet said at a checkup today, that they all had beautiful coats and wanted to know what we feed them. I also, sometime ago, talked to someone I know who is an animal nutritionist (not her exact title), maybe animal physiologist??? anyway she feeds her dogs nutro, and talked to me about the nutritional values of it and other foods, and it seemed good to me. I've never heard anything negative. I think just like people there are always going to be exceptions to every rule.

I give Meg half Nutro Natural kibble, and half Natural Balance Chub with lots of supplementary food in treats and periodic additions.

I found Natural Balance in cans today, and tried it and she ate dinner so fast it made my head spin. WOW!!!!!

Meg is VERY skinny so I'm thrilled. As soon as I get to my other Pet Store I'll pick up BB and give it a try. Food that she can't wait to eat, AND, is healthy for her is the veritable holy grail for me.

I never had a problem w/ Nutro in the 5 years I've feed it to several dogs. I just decided to up the ante and switch to a better ingredient food, ie. Blue Buffalo was my next choice.

BTW, my outdoor cats are still on Nutro. (they supplement w/ mice )