BC Boards

Colorado adoption day

I'm going to be down in Fort Collins, CO the 15th of this month for an adoption day our shelter is putting on. We do one every year at the Petsmart down there because we usally adopt every dog we take down! So if anyone wants to come and say "hi" I'll be there :rolleyes: It should be a lot of fun too.

If the $$$ situation improves a bit this week, I might try and make it up there too. The boyo will be fresh out of his snip and chip session tho, so I don't want to stress him toooooo much.

Well it turns out that someone needed to stay here and keep the shelter open so I volunteered to stay. So I won't be coming down for the adoption day. But still go if you can. It'll be great, and there will be lots of dogs there :rolleyes:

AJ, Fort Collins is a bit of a way up North from where I live. Now, if Black Jack would have been there.... :rolleyes: I still hope you'll get down to Denver one day and we can take our boys to one of the nice dog parks!

Good luck with the adoption day!!!

Ok, it's a deal. When I do make it down there we will have to go to one of those parks and let Black Jack and Ouzo play. That would be fun :rolleyes: Where in CO do you live?

Rockstar,

Which flyball tournament are you talking about? The one on the 16th is in a south Denver suburb. There are a couple in October in Loveland (just south of Fort Collins) - 10/5-7 & 10/19-21.

If you need any info about flyball in Colorado, I maintain the Region 19 webpage.

Dana

Drat! And here I was going to have you say hi to my home town and go on my fave dog hike for me, followed by going to have a coffee at my fave coffee house. Or else pizza. Really good pizza in that town. Oh, well.....! :D

Anda, my BF used to be a park ranger in that park, I think... is that where Cherry Creek Reservoir is, or is that a separate park? Dave used to have to go and convince people not to drink and boat, and to wear their life jackets, etc... I gather this advice was not always well-recieved. :rolleyes: (Yes, THAT'S a good idea. Let's get drunk, drive our boat around without life jackets on ourselves OR our children, and then argue with an armed park ranger.) :D:D:D

AK dog doc, that's the same one, by the Reservoir. Lots of boating and most certaintly, drinking :rolleyes:

Same place where a few months ago urban myths were saying some dogs got killed by coyotes, in the dog park area - not quite a dog park, it's just a designated part of the park. Apparently the green grass explosion we had in spring allowed the coyotes to come close unnoticed by the unsuspected dogs and, legend say, at least one dog, if not two, found their not so peaceful end. Don't know if it's true, but there sure was a new sign at the entrane saying "Please share the park with the wildlife" :D

Rockstar,

Which flyball tournament are you talking about? The one on the 16th is in a south Denver suburb. There are a couple in October in Loveland (just south of Fort Collins) - 10/5-7 & 10/19-21.

If you need any info about flyball in Colorado, I maintain the Region 19 webpage.

Dana

The one in Loveland, I think it's the 5-7th. I want to get Roxy into flyball-I think she would looove it and I think she could be really good! :rolleyes: