BC Boards

Nash is taking one for the team

Guest pax

He went today to get his hips done as part of the Cornell study.

I don't think I've been this nervous since my kid got put under. I know it's silly but I will worry until I hear he's awake.

You know, I really wish you could be there when they wake up. Don't you think your animal would wake up a lot more smoothly and quietly if he woke up on your lap?

I'd rather sit in the waiting room and be available than be here chewing my fingernails off to the elbows.

He's getting chipped, too. Poor boyo. Gonna feel icky.

It's got to be done by a year old, right? I was going to do this with Ted but I had no idea when I was planning it, that it would be six months before we got the money together to fix my travel truck.

I kind of fell into the study accidentally, because my pup was kind of aimed at it from the very beginning before I even knew him.

Your best bet is to PM Mark Billadeau, whose user name here is Pipedream Farm.

Rebecca, yes, my understanding is one year, which gives you a couple of weeks, I reckon. :rolleyes:

How far is it for you? Would you need to come all the way up here?

And seriously, wth are these people DOING With my boy?

I am just going over there. I can't stand it.

I can just *happen* to be in West Freaking Virginia, right?

Yes, yes I can.

I'll be back with my dog.

He was a pathetic boy yesterday. He smelt liked he'd peed himself, he was Super Glue On Dog, he looked a little wobbly behind.

They rang my mobile to tell me he was ready to go just as I was pulling into their car park. I did not have to argue my impulse to storm the Bastille. :rolleyes:

They really are nice people. I know they are trustworthy. He's just my boy, you know?

Anyway he's right as rain this morning. Thanks for asking. Poor Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooney. :D

IMG_7581.jpg

Don't feel too bad. I took one pup in for the study - they had to put her on gas anesthesia to get the "Cornell View", and then they forgot a view. So I had to take her back a second time a couple weeks later. Talk about doing things in the name of science... Luckily, Nan seems none the worse for her double visit...

Got another pup who just turned 6 months old - I will probably see about "donating" his body as well since I'm nearby.

Laurie

PS - Mark- if you're reading this, I'm assuming you still need more working pups for the study. Want to send me the paperwork for Tyko (or I can just make a copy of what you sent for Nan) ? I can call and set up the appoinment.