BC Boards

Freckles and the Dog Park

Guest LJS1993

Guest LJS1993
This is slightly off-topic... but how is the membership thing enforced? Couldn't someone who didn't pay the fee just go to the park and act like they did? Just curious because all the dog parks around here are free.

We get a gate code which changes periodically. However I guess someone could either break the code or merely split the fee ten ways and have ten of their buddies raid the park. :rolleyes:

This is slightly off-topic... but how is the membership thing enforced? Couldn't someone who didn't pay the fee just go to the park and act like they did? Just curious because all the dog parks around here are free.

They are fenced in areas and you have to have a code to get thru the gate. When we went that one time, we didn't have a membership. One of the other 'dads' saw us (as he was leaving) standing outside the fence reading the rules & reg and asked us if we wanted to go in so we took him up on it.

I would love to find someplace to take the boys to get them out & about. I'll start doing my homework and see if I can find one closer to home. The one we took JJ to was approx 25 miles from home....too far with the cost of gas nowadays. Would also like to find one in my own county.

Guest LJS1993
Freckles looks so happy! That's what I want to see from Bindi. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

Oh it was touch and go for awhile. But after awhile things have been going well. We are going again tonight so we will continue her progress.