BC Boards

when given the choice- good girl

kelpiegirl

When I was working my girl yesterday, we did some things in different areas from before. One of the things I did was have her fetch near some trees. Now, picture this: the sheep are near a tree, and off to the right a good distance, in a row parallel to the sheep (so going in a line from me to sheep) are the trees. I send her, and she has her own choice to make- cut it close, and go on the inside of those trees and risk spooking the sheep, or stick to the outside and do it right. She chose the latter. I was so happy. The thing is, she does this pretty much all of the time- it's as if she wants the room to decide where she has to be to stay "off" them. Of course we still have so much work to do, but that was neat.

Julie

With age comes wisdom. She is learning to stay off her sheep keeping them calm and not spooking them, and therefore asserting her power of control more easely. You will probably find she will learn quickly now.

We need a word for that feeling. I get it too, watching Starr on an outrun.

It's a constant reaffirmation, for me.

Good for you, recognizing a really good moment like that in the midst of everything else you are dealing with, and still being able to appreciate it.

And even better for her, given she just had the incident with the White Witch.

Thanks Pax/JD. I won't say that she will be perfect all the time, but as I am told- the more times they do it right, the more right they will be :rolleyes: She has her confidence back- that's for sure. Thank goodness she bounced back. Life is too short to have witches in it.

Julie

We need a word for that feeling. I get it too, watching Starr on an outrun.

It's a constant reaffirmation, for me.

Good for you, recognizing a really good moment like that in the midst of everything else you are dealing with, and still being able to appreciate it.

And even better for her, given she just had the incident with the White Witch.