BC Boards

Question aobut dog Teeth

are dogs like us? as in do they grow in like baby teeth then lost them for adult teeth? one of Zippers theeth just feel out and I wasnt sure if they are like us or not. and is there a age when this happens if they do loose their teeth?

EDIT------I found my answer, I just wanted to be sure they do. Didnt want it to be something bad or anything, 1st puppie so its all new to me

are dogs like us? as in do they grow in like baby teeth then lost them for adult teeth? one of Zippers theeth just feel out and I wasnt sure if they are like us or not. and is there a age when this happens if they do loose their teeth?

Like humans, dogs have two sets of teeth in their lives. The 28 baby teeth erupt through the gums between the third and sixth weeks of age. Puppies do not have to grind much food, so they do not have molars. Puppy teeth begin to shed and be replaced by permanent adult teeth at about four/five months of age. Although there is some variation in breeds, most adult dogs have 42 teeth, with the molars coming last, at about six or seven months.