BC Boards

New website

Some of you may remember that when I first posted pictures of Rain and Storm in the gallery, I mentioned that they are going to become part of my sled team and that it will be made up mostly of rescued dogs. Friends of mine who are in the web design business just created a site for me about our dogs, our dogsledding activities etc. and rescue. It just went online and I'm hoping to get some feedback about this new site. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks! :rolleyes:Silhouette Racing Rescues

I know by first hand how hard van be to try to make a web site... actually, I never fully learned :rolleyes: and I congratulate you by the site (and of course, by your activities)

Some advices I would give, just my personal opinion, but could be useful:

- The background colour is too electric and become tiring to the eyes after a while, maybe a darker or paler colour would be more relaxing.

- In the Index page, people don't want to be welcomed by a long text, people prefer friendly photos that can lead them to the next links.

- a smaller letter size. I don't know exactly why, but a designer friend recommended it to me and really worked.

Hope to be useful and congratulationa again!!

I know by first hand how hard van be to try to make a web site... actually, I never fully learned :rolleyes: and I congratulate you by the site (and of course, by your activities)

Some advices I would give, just my personal opinion, but could be useful:

- The background colour is too electric and become tiring to the eyes after a while, maybe a darker or paler colour would be more relaxing.

- In the Index page, people don't want to be welcomed by a long text, people prefer friendly photos that can lead them to the next links.

- a smaller letter size. I don't know exactly why, but a designer friend recommended it to me and really worked.

Hope to be useful and congratulationa again!!

Thanks for your input. It's a brand new site so I'm sure there will be some editing and updates to do, as well as adding more photos of course. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. :D