BC Boards

The lemon drizzle cake diet

Yep, you guessed it.

All of it, gone.

I knew it was him - his hairs were all over what was left of the icing.

This is the first time to my knowledge he's stolen anything from the kitchen surfaces!

I came home to the evidence and a very chastened ( and probably nauseous) Border Collie who wouldn't look me in the eye. Whereas Meg sat there perky as ever - ias if to say Hah! it wasn't me!

:rolleyes: That's funny. Hope it doesn't disagree with him.

I had a dog that stole an entire roast off the kitchen table in the few minutes I left to go to the restroom and return. Unfortunately for him I am a fan of spicy foods and the roast had been liberally sprinkles with cayenne, he had the runs for three days.

If all is well though, your dog may magically take up an interest in your cooking :D

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

Aw That reminds me of the Pineapple upsidedown cake diet. I'd just finished making one. It was cooling. I went outside for something and when I came back ten minutes later, my cat was counter surfing and had licked ALL the pineapple and dug out all the cherries. ::sigh:: gotta love it

:rolleyes: And then there's the Bolognese sauce diet! A lb of ground beef, lovely tomatoes, garlic, onion and even a touch of chili powder, cooked up beautifully, and (my fault, I know) left on the stove to cool down while I went to mow the lawn. Came back to find the frying pan upside down on the floor, and almost all of the Bolognese - gone! Since Fergus was outside with my, watching me mow - the culprit was pretty easy to guess. Kirra went without her tea that night - although I did relent and give her a bit of watered down milk to cook the tummy. What's worse - she didn't even have the grace to show any ill-effects. :D

So, since you're going to have to make the Lemon Drizzle cake again. Dalesred - wanna share the recipe?

Bindi counter-surfed the night before last and got the butter dish I left out to wash. There wasn't much left on the dish but she licked it clean. And it was enough to give her one nasty bout with gross...all over my living room carpet. It was disgusting. Good thing we are getting new carpet.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

So I dug through my recipes and here ya go

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie

CAKE

5 ounces (2/3rd c) self-raising flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

4 ounces (1/2c) butter, softened

4 ounces (1/2c) golden caster sugar

2 tablespoons lemon curd

1 zest large lemon finely chopped

2 eggs, whisked

1 tablespoon water or lemon juice

SYRUP

1 large lemon, juice of

4 ounces (1/2c) granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 325 F, 175 C or Gas mark 3.

Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin or round cake tin.

Put all the cake ingredients together into a large bowl & mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then a hand held mixer for a maximum of 3 minutes.

Pour into the prepared loaf or cake tin & bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

While the cake is baking, make the syrup.

Mix the lemon juice and sugar together - no need to heat it up.

On removing the cake from the oven, pierce all over the top with a fine skewer or fork - keeping the cake in the tin.

While the cake is still hot, pour the syrup over the top of the cake. Leave in the tin to cool.

The syrup will leave a crunchy residue of sugar and be sticky to touch too!

Keeps well (if you can hide it long enough! )

~can be easily doubled for a larger family cake.

~can also be split and have lemon curd spread between the two layers