BC Boards

Bad Behavior

Well sort of, our Puppy is now 5 months. The cunningness, intelligence and mischievous behavior is sometimes fascinating. Her object of this prank was the little male terrier(Buster). It went down like this. When no one was looking she got a role of paper towels off the dining room table. (yes we know it was her). she then proceeded to tear the role up into a billion pieces. (yes we know that was her too.) Then when she heard someone coming she scooted into the Kitchen and laid down sleeping with one eye open. When she thought no one was watching she ran back out grabbed what was left of the shredded paper towel role and laid it quietly next to the sleeping Buster she ran back out to the kitchen and began sleeping with one eye open again. Done deal the sleeping angel in the kitchen and the evidence was placed next to the unsuspecting terrier. She seems to get things that I never dreamed could be possible out of a 5 month old dog. Yikes

Funny how times have changed at first we kept her gated in the kitchen. Now she has free run of the house and the other dogs want to be gated in the kitchen. She is a gremlin no question and she is still learning, she understands my guess is 25 words. unfortunately she hates some of them. But she is a lot of fun and teaching her is easy. My only regret playing with her outside she really has the working instincts but I have no livestock. Hopefully I can get her that work we live in farm country. She has visited from a distance some calves and she was ready to go. Such a fun dog. I do not want to fail her she really needs a lot of stimulation.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

They're pretty clever and they have a great sense of humor. I have a Kong toy that you fill with treats (screw on top - it's large-ish) and they have to figure out how to get the treats out of the inside (there's a small hole they come out). She got that figured in just a few minutes (throw hard against cupboards, treats fall out). A few times of that and it bored her, I guess. Next time I went to get it and fill it, the top was missing. I found it buried in the garden next to one of her digging holes.

I dug it up, cleaned it off and filled the Kong with treats then screwed the top back on. Three minutes later Miss Molly is jogging out of the house with the top, down into the garden, past the digging hole and around the pond to the "deep side" where she flung it into the water, jogged back to the house and had a nap.

Yes, she figured out how to unscrew the top.

So, I figure she won that little challenge with the Kong people :)