BC Boards

North Carolina Eye Exam Question

laurie etc

I have an 8 week old pup I need to get an eye exam on - I'll be in NC for the weekend (Raleigh/Durham area), and wondering where ya'll take your pups - thinking maybe I can go down early on Friday and get an appt at NC state, but I've never been there before... is that the best place to go (price and service), or are there better options in the area? Thx in advance,

Laurie

Try calling NCSU vet school then - they can probably get you in pretty quickly. They do exams off site at a clinic in durham once a week. I've used them before. The vetschool is pretty expensive usually but maybe not for a routine exam. The opthamology service is very good - they did some work on my Gael when she had a blood clot in her eye.

I'd bet there's another specialty clinic around Cary but i've not had experience with any others. The vet school might even give you suggestions if they're busy.

This is about an hour from most of the Triangle: http://www.reidsvillevet.com/eye_care.html I've worked with Dr. Harling a good bit. He's worked with tons of Border Collies as well as other breeds. And very nice guy too. I"m not sure you can get an appointment quite that fast but maybe if you said pretty please with sugar, etc? They are definitely not as busy as most places in the Triangle. I think it's $35 for an individual pup but it's been a while.

Good luck!