BC Boards

Big Bend?

blackacre

I was at Barbara Ray's Big Bend (VA) trial on Friday, and things went very well (despite the wintry weather). The trial organizers were doing a terrific job, so I'm sure that a full report will be coming soon.

nancy

A,

As usual I cannot give you placings; but I can give you a general description of how the runs went. Open was tough, above the fetch panels many dogs were not listening/hearing clearly and the fetches were off to one side or another. The dopers needed to be pushed and tried to turn back which often lead to the dogs flipping back and forth (over reacting). The left and drive out was okay until right before or after the panel, when many dogs did odd things (not flanking, flanking the wrong way, etc). The sheep wanted to turn onto the cross drive which made things more along and most only needed to be steered to the panels. Turns at the cross drive and the return leg were often wide because of the pressure. The first day the sheep would go to the pen and then many had to be pushed in the rest of the way; on the second day the draw to the exhaust made getting them to the pen more difficult. Singling wasn't too difficult unless the only one that wanted to split off was a lamb.

Mark