BC Boards

Debbie Bailey's Jose'

It is with a very heavy heart that I pass along the news that Jose' died last night at 15 years of age.

Jose' (a.k.a. Jose' The Man) was an icon in the Border Collie trialing community, having been run by Hubert Bailey initially and then joining Debbie in 1998. He lived a grand life with Debbie for 7 years and the lessons that they taught eachother were priceless.

He has sired many trial winners, many of whom are still successfully competing today, and his progeny will continue his legacy for years to come. At the U.S. Open Stockdog Championships a few years ago, it was noted that there were 5 or 6 generations of Jose' pups competing at that trial!

Please say prayers for Debbie and Harold as a huge part of their life is now missing. Jose' is in greener pastures now, working sheep for the master of all Shepherd's.

Rest in peace Jose'. We will miss you!

In case some of you are not on the Sheepdog List, I wanted to share what Bill Scully wrote. I had to get the Kleenex out! Thank you for your sentiments Bill, you are exactly right!

from Sheepdog-L:

"Christine said <<Jose' is in greener pastures now, working sheep for the master

of all Shepherds.>>

Yes. It's been lambing time at the Place. This past year, the Shepherd has

needed Dr. Bernie, Jim, Ralph, Steve and Henry. They were one dog short until

now.

Up there, a dog 15 is young.

Bill Scully"

Did you have to post this here, Christine? I cried when I read it on Sheepdog-L and now I'm doing it again. How come some folks can just write so well that they bring out all the emotions?