BC Boards

ABCA Registration Required for Finals?

Jodi

Hi everyone -

I think I'm having a brain fart. I was just looking at the USBCHA site and all the information about the finals. On Breaking News it says: "Must be a 2004 member of American Border Collie Association to compete in the National Finals. You may check with Patty Roger 601-928-7551 or email American Border Collie Assoc. abca@datasync.com. ABCA is a major sponsor of The National Finals."

Is this new? Or did I just never realize it? Now I know you don't need to be ABCA registered to compete in USBCHA trials, but let's say you have a very successful Kelpie or some such ... who can compete with the big dogs, gets qualified for the finals, can it not run?

It's late, and I think my brain shut down. There's probably a simple answer here and I am just missing it. I apologize if this was already discussed. I didn't find it in a search.

Jodi

Since the ABCA is a major supporter of the Finals, handlers must be a member of the ABCA, but the dogs do not have to be registered with the ABCA- or registered at all, for that matter. There are usually one or two dogs that are listed as unregistered at the Finals in the program.