BC Boards

Jack Knox Jan 13 -15

OK, for those of you not keeping up with the weather...it has consistently said that we will have 30% chance of showers on Saturday, cloudy on Sunday and 30% chance of showers on Monday.

However, even if it does rain this year...it won't be sleeting because it is supposed to a high of in the 60's.

Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!!

I'm actually getting forecasts for highs near seventy, with scattered showers only on Monday. Plug in zip code 27343 - I've found intellicast, accuweather, and weather.com tend to get it right most often. This is a tricky little spot to forecast - we seem to be in a protected area for any kind of extreme (thank goodness! :rolleyes: ).

We are just about ready! Just one more fenceline on that front pasture to put up - and I got the puppy sheep yesterday. And threw out my left wrist putting someone else's ewes I was also picking up, on the trailer. :D So for anyone, new, and wondering who I am, I'll have my wrist taped with vet wrap. Blue, unless I run out.

I just typed in Semora, NC and that is what I came up with; however, it seems to be changing every minute. As you know I'm being cautious with the weather here in CO and trying to decide if I need to leave tomorrow night or Friday morning as scheduled. The bad weather keeps getting pushed back so looks like I should make it home ok on Friday (please keep your fingers crossed)!!!

THANK YOU, Rachel, for this post. Dumb me, I was thinking the clinic was Fri-Sun and so was planning on leaving this morning, until I saw your post last night and did the math on the dates (not to mention your comment about leaving for home on Thurs vs. Fri).

I would have shown up on Becca's front step tonight with bag and dogs in hand, and she would have said, "What are YOU doing here?"

Glad to help Sue. I look forward to seeing you again!!!! This time I do have chain leashes so Tess won't chew her leash; however, in the move we have misplaced them...so might be buying some new tomorrow night.

As for the weather here in Denver...it has been beautiful the last several days but it is supposed to start snowing...the tv says at 10 pm tonight but weather.com says 4 am tomorrow morning. I can deal with 4 am tomorrow morning because I leave Denver at 8:50 am and I can't imagine get snowed in during that amount of time!!!

See you all this weekend.

Rachel, make sure to get to the airport waaay early, to avoid any surprises due to bad weather. The plains will fly, no worries, but if it gets icy on Pena Blvd, on the way to the airport, you might get stuck/delayed or you'll see long long lines at check in!

Originally posted by Keegan's Mom:

This time I do have chain leashes so Tess won't chew her leash; however, in the move we have misplaced them...so might be buying some new tomorrow night.

Rachel,

If you don't want to spend $$ unnecessarily, I have three chain leashes, plus a short cable tie out and you'd be welcome to use them during the clinic. I don't think I'll be tying the hoodlums out as it would be way too noisy.

J.

Thanks Julie...I won't be tying dogs out...I don't think...but Tess tends to chew while waiting for her turn. So I will probably take you up on your offer of sharing. I know we have the leashes somewhere...just can't find them right now.

By the way, I still have your fans and they are in our sunroom. Some night if we meet for dinner or chores or something...I will bring them.

Thanks for the warning Anda - I hadn't thought about the drive to the airport. Next time I come out to Denver we should try to meet for dinner or something.

Laura,

At least you'll get to use yours. I sprung for some coveralls (bibs) while I was in KY in anticipation of another freezing clinic, and it looks like I won't get to use them at all (not that being warm is a bad thing, but sheesh, I had to drive into Lexington and spend all that $$ so I'd like to have gotten some use out of them).

Here's a little story for you. When the jacket part of my rain suit lost its water repellancy I went out and bought myself a *nice* rain jacket. Imagine my *horror* when I found that I'd ripped the sleeve on a cattle panel while working the pen and setting sheep at Montpelier (Grrrr....). Well, as it rained the last day of open at the KY Old/New trial, I had to effect repairs to the sleeve, using duct tape naturally. While I was standing in the barn watching runs, Dee Alleyne came up to me, grabbed my arm, and said, "I see you and I have the same tailor!" :D:rolleyes:

ETA: Rachel, I have a yellow rain slicker I use at home for farm chores (since the rain suit stays in the van), and I can bring it along to keep your top half dry.

J.

Oh, wait...my feet will be dry in my fancy new mud boots!!!!!
Rachel - Not if the rain's running down your legs! Better take Julie up on the offer. You might smell like a sheep but that will just make the dogs like you all the more! Anyone who can deal with Colorado weather this winter can handle a little mild rain...

Julie - Remember, if you can't fix it with duct tape or baling twine, it can't be fixed! Whoever invented that should have won the Nobel Prize for Usefulness. And it's always the good stuff that gets torn, especially when it's new...