BC Boards

Jack Knox Clinic

I am soo disappointed that I missed the most recent Jack Knox clinic. I heard of this most recent one too late. If there is anyone who hears of his next clinic that would either post it or send me an email I would be very grateful.

I really want to meet Jack and Kathy, I have heard so many good things about them.

If there is a particular group or web site I should check out please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Phoenix and I are attending our 1st sheepherding lesson this coming weekend at Keepstone Farm with Susan Rhoades. An Intro to Sheepherding, we are very excited and I am a bit anxious to say the least.

I think Jack is coming out to your area in June, again. I bet Debbie would know where exactly.

After that he'll be somewhere in that area in the fall again. The exact plans for that clinic will be announced in June or July. They'll probably know for sure by that June clinic, actually.

Good luck on the clinic! Just listen and watch carefully and don't be discouraged if it seems a little overwhelming at first. Above all have fun and be sure to network and make friends (but not while the clinician is talking). A peer group for moral support is very important in this slightly mad pursuit!

I was at the last one and learned alot even thought I did not participate with my dog. I think it was alot easier to absorb what was being taught and watching for the stuff Jack was saying about the trainers and the dogs. I just hope I will be able to apply it myself if I can get into the next one.

Tina, Oh yes...that is wonderful. I would love to be added to the entry form list. Thank you so much.

Feas,

If you are who I think you are, you may not have participated with a dog but you were there first thing in the morning, you stayed the whole day and listened intently. If I am not mistaken I never even saw you sit down! That is the way to audit a clinic!

Tina,

That was me. Figured everyone thought I was some strange herding groupie. I've been in the pen a few times and really had no clue as to what I was suppose to do or really look for. The trainer was talking to me but I bet I only heard half of what was being said. I walked away from there alot more confident and have a better understanding.

I was interested before but after those 3 days I am now in awe and definatly a groupie.