BC Boards

Damn SPCA. (Ot sorta.)

So today was the day, after a week of waiting, that we were to pick up another pup. (ACD)

She had a cold, so was in quarantine for a week.

Well, the wife calls today to arrange a time for her to socialize with our Rezso and they tell her...

"...We just got a batch of Parvo puppies."

So the entire quarantine section is in lock down, and BEST ESTIMATE, 10 days before they will reconsider adopting out the dog.

Hang in there! Notice you are from Sacramento and just wanted to say HI and let you in on a recent story involving the SAC SPCA. Over the 4th July weekend, a friend of mine fell asleep at the wheel of his truck, rolling it on I-5. He had his BC with him. Luckily no severe injuries but we had no idea where the dog was... alive or dead. By Monday, we had received a call from the vet informing us that she was at the SAC SPCA. Now it being a holiday weekend, and a Monday too, the SPCA doesn't answer the phone. However, some devoted volunteer was spending their holiday weekend there and we were able to get her back by Tuesday! I was so cool that they cared enough to know making us wait until "normal business hours" would be excruciating and made accommodations.

Good luck with your puppy. It will be well worth the wait I'm sure.