BC Boards

Participate in a behavioral genetics study!

SoloRiver

Originally posted by SoloRiver:

Barb,

That's a good question, I don't actually know. But I don't see why not -- I mailed my dogs' samples from here to San Francisco -- that's at least 3000 miles and a plane trip or two.

Any and all samples are welcome -- fluffbutts included!

Thanks!

Fluff-butts too?? Well, why not then, I've got three + 3 smooth coats to counter it all.

Hey Melanie,

I did all the house dogs last night and the bulldog's swabs were very slobbery (as is the bulldog!). I left them out to dry for an hour and they still didn't appear dry. Hope this doesn't screw it up! One of the other dog's mouth was really dry, so hopefully I did it right!

LauraC, Rachel & Becca, are you guys sending in these? I need to know for the "relatives participating" question. Thanks! :rolleyes:

-Laura

Melanie, I sent in the samples for all 5 of my dogs last week. I'd be curious to know what sort of response you've gotten, in samples actually sent in, just from these Boards. And most certainly intrigued with the DNA findings when they are available. Thanks for taking this on!

I eventually need to check with Nancy to see about getting the official papers, and also work on getting the transfer. I didn't get the impression that the papers had to be official per se though. I'll let you know what's going on. Thanks for your help. Can we please get a break from the thunder storms?

Hi Melanie,

I've just requested 4 kits. I have 2 pedigreed BCs, a pedigreed sheltie, and a BC mix. The sheltie is somewhat reactive, and one of my b/w bc girls is kind of like Solo. Then I have 2 "normal" kids.

Someday I'd like to talk to you about the work you've done with Solo and compaire temperaments. My girl was an anti-anxiety meds for a while but I didn't find that they worked for her.

Thanks,

Annette