BC Boards

clicking when he walks

freddiemo

We have a six-month-old brown and white border collie - who is the first dog for my husband and I and we are head over heels. In the last week I have noticed a clicking noise in his hip/ hind end region. I am taking him in on Monday, but does anyone know what the protocol is for such a young bc with hip dysplasia? I'm trying to brace myself if that's what the vet tells me it is, but also arm myself with what happens next.....any clues?

Gee, my husband clicks when he walks - especially up stairs. Sure, he's 60 now. But I noticed it when he was 22. We've even has strangers near us ask if we hear that strange clicking sound.

He was a state time trial champ on the bicycle and did well in two years of USCF racing. We still bike. But we run more often, and hike a lot - like about 200 miles in 15 days in North Yorkshire.

So clicking is odd, but not necessarily a major problem. Of course, that might be only in husbands.