BC Boards

Pure Bred??

tradcat

Hello everyone. I need all the info i can get on this one, so please help me out if you can. I want to breed my dog, but she has no papers. I know for a fact that she is pure bred, but the people i bought her from didnt get any papers for their puppies or dogs because they used them as work dogs, not exclusively for breeding. Is there a way that i can get her checked so as to get papers, or am i just up a creek without a paddle. And what about her puppies? Thanks, Tradcat

Originally posted by MrSnappy:

The bigger question is: why do you want to breed her? What value do you bring to the breed by making puppies?

If she is not registered and her parents aren't registered, you will be breeding unregistered dogs.

Well thats the point, i want to try and get her registered. As for why i want to breed her because i have a sheep farm and i need more dogs and also i know people who would like some border collies.

Go to http://www.americanbordercollie.org/ and click on "ABCA's Register on Merit Program" on the bar at the right. The only way I know of that you can get an unregistered dog registered as a border collie is by meeting the rather strict requirements of this program for working dogs of exceptional ability.