BC Boards

Had our very first agility trial yesterday!!!!

And my girl Tess surpassed anything I thought she could ever do for me - - welll....no that is not entirely true - - after a year of training I knew she was gonna do well but I tell ya - - WOW!!

Our first run was Novice JWW - jumpers with weaves - - she competes in the 20" jumpheight class - - she came in with a time of 22.25 seconds - - only one slight little mess up - which we overcame quickly - - and she took FIRST PLACE in her division!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Then came the novice standard run - - this is where they have all the equipment - tire - a-frame- dogwalk - chute etc - - I had one lil refusal at the table but then she got right on - - and we came in 2nd in that run!!!

I am soooooooo proud of my girl -she got lots of treats and of course a new toy- I couldn't thank my trainer enough last nite!!!

We are back for another day of it today - - and you know what ?- after yesterday? - - she can kick back and just lope along today for all I care!!LOL!

Maggie and Tess

YAY!!! Way to go Tess!

Even after all that training it still amazes me when Dazzle does her best out on a actual course!

What trail was it? I guess not NADAC because of only 2 runs a day.

Just got home from our second day - she took another first in her standard run today!!!!! I am soooooo pumped and so pleased with my girl - - first trial EVER and she comes home with 2 firsts and a second!!

Kat it was the AKC trial in Puyallup at the fairgrounds - - mannnnnnn we had a blast - -

She only needs one more Q to move up to Open in her standard and today she back jumped on me after she over-ran a jump in her JWW - but that is soooo young dog I had no problems with it and she ran the rest of course beautifully!

Oh and the best part of all?? Her standard run today was a CLEAN RUN and her time was pretty good - 40.58 seconds - I spent more time on clean and her sticking her contacts than worrying about time tho so I was very pleased!! Think I got a keeper here!!! :rolleyes:

Maggie and Tess ( the one with the high-faluntin attitude now that she has become a star!!)

Congrats! there's nothing quite like a first trial that goes so well. it's refreshing to see (and hear about) a novice team that's so well-prepared for competition their first time out. Kudos to Tess, you and to your instructor.

-Laura