BC Boards

Has anyone tried this with their dogs? I have a shy dog and a very BUSY dog, both of whom could benefit from any calming effect I can provide them. :rolleyes: I am wondering if it is worth reading the book I got from the library or if it is just a bunch of hooey. It is recommended in several of the training books I've got around the house, so I just wondered if there is some measurable effect in home obedience, agility, etc.?

I've heard very good things about it from both professionals and anectodatal stories from people who have tried it. Years ago I watched a LTJ video about using touch on horses, adn another one for dogs. The one touch I remember vividly that works on both horses and dogs is stroking the ear gently. It's very effective for animals who are excited, or going into shock, to calm them. What have you got to lose?

I remember YEARS ago reading an article a horse magazine about TTouch just as it was appearing... I followed the article's instructions to the letter and my horse bit me (granted, he was not the world's friendliest horse anyway, but still). :rolleyes:

My dad tried it and his horse just cuddled up to him (she is NOT a cuddler) and stuck to him like glue. She loved it. I guess results will vary, as they do with anything. I will give it a go.