BC Boards

What do the ears tell us?

Juno has the floppy ears. The other day I thought she was trying to fly! While sitting watching/listening to me, her ears would rotate from flat down (normal) to facing forward to back again several times. This is nothing new but it made me wonder if there was any significance to it.

Thanks

Bill

I love Border Collie ears. They are SO expressive!!

When Dean is trying to figure something out, his ears practically do gymnastics!! They're up (airplane tips suspended as high as they go!), then they're down, then one is back and the other is forward . . . up, down, up down, back, UP!!

Unfortunately, I can also tell when he's in panic mode because the ears end up plastered against his head. But I can tell when he is getting back to himself because his ears relax back into their airplane formation again!

I LOVE that ears-plastered-back-about-to-lose-it-out-of-excitement look. We....have tickle fights. And he gives the funniest ears when he sees the tickle fingers come out. He also "woos" at the same time. Funniest thing ever.

He also goes wildly prick eared when he gets that crazy hair when playing with other dogs. You know, the crazy eyed, partial play bow look that precedes the zombies. The tips of his ears pretty much touch, even though he has airplanes.

I LOVE that ears-plastered-back-about-to-lose-it-out-of-excitement look. We....have tickle fights. And he gives the funniest ears when he sees the tickle fingers come out. He also "woos" at the same time. Funniest thing ever.

Now THAT I want to see a video of.