BC Boards

The Art and Science of Herding

gcv-border

Title: The Art and Science of Herding

Authors: Michel Meuret, Ph.D. & Fred Provenza, Ph.D., EDS

Based on the description in the catalog, this looks like an intriguing book. "... originally published in France takes readers deep into the traditional world of shepherds...." [This book is available as an English translation from the French.]

Even though the content appears far beyond the level I would practically use, I like the premise, and am toying with the idea of shelling out $30 for the enjoyment (I hope) of reading it.

The book is available through Acres, USA. www.acresUSA.com Acres USA is a magazine of organic/sustainable agriculture that also offers a selection of hard-to-find books and videos.

I do not get the magazine, but somehow was sent their print catalog of books and videos. I was quite impressed.

When I saw this book, I thought to alert this forum in case anyone might be interested.

Note: Unfortunately, I could not find this book listed in their online offerings (website needs updating?), or I would have provided a specific link.