BC Boards

Jumping up

I have BC, Heeler mix. I got her because she was a terriable jumper and her owner just "couldn't" train her to stay down. I have had her for almost a year now. She is 500% better but still will sneak up and jump sometimes when your back is turned. I have used the sit, before being petted, the arms out and looming over her when she comes to jump. I even got desparate and held her paws. She was starved for attention ,she loves people & her jumping seemed to be because she wanted someone to pet her. She now sits and waits to be petted, she sits on command . She is wonderful in the house. It's just the sneak attacks when she is really playing or when she's been outside for a while, that I can't seem to break her of. She seems to be harder to train than my BCs. The grayhound hates sitting but will do it, and never jumps . The border Collies may jump up in front of me, hang out in mid air for awhile and then sit , or walk by my side. Any ideas? she is adorable but the little hard head just isn't seeming to get the idea that you don't ever jump on people. I would love suggestions.

Andrea