BC Boards

Pancreatitis/Spleen Tumor

jb777

Hello, So sorry for your loss. We just had to say goodbye to our 9 year old Border Collie almost the exact same situation you are describing. She went to a specialty hosptial b/c after a lepto shot we found her very lethargic one morning - totally unlike her. We found out her platelets were zero! (Thats what clots the blood). So the vets did every test including a tick panel, xrays and an ultrasound, etc and everything was normal. So she was put on autoimmune suppressants.  Her platelets came up and a couple weeks later seemed 90 percent back to normal. Then this week she started not being able to walk well, was notably skinner and lethargic.  I thought it was the meds, so took her back to the hospital.  An ultrasound and other tests which just a little over a month previously showed nothing said she had cancer - the vets believe in the spleen b/c they saw rod shaped spot there and liver failure. She was the youngest of our 3 dogs and we were shocked and heart broken to say goodbye this Wednesday. We will love our Abby forever and will miss her so much.

• 1 month later...

@Wlynns, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Abbey was far too young to leave you.

I'm not sure if you noticed when you posted your reply that this thread is over 7 years old. And the OP hasn't been back since then. Still it was lovely of you to offer condolences over a shared loss.

I know it's cold comfort to say that Abbey lives on in your memories, but the day will come when you'll be able to find joy in them again without the sadness.

roxanne