BC Boards

Meet & Greet Tomorrow!

Well tomorrow is meet and greet day. This will be our second go around (different dog). First dog a BC didn't work out, she didn't like poor Neeko. My husband found a young pup, from a rescue in Illinois. He isn't a Bc as I wanted but he does look like our dogs Bonez(RIP 2013) Raider(Rip 2009). The lady from the rescue will be coming to our home tomorrow to check out our house and of course make sure that we love him and more importantly Neeko does too.

I am pretty sure everything will go well, so we are preparing for a pup ( I am kind of nervous about the puppy scene again...lol)

Anyway, I was looking for suggestions on puppy food (they currenly feed him Proplan Lamb & Rice). I didn't know if what they are feeding him is a good food. Any suggestions?

Also we are going back and forth with names, we agreed on something such as mobster, or something rough or army. So far we have Gotti, Kane, Uzi, and Thor. Any ideas?

I have attached a pic of him, this is a picture at 13 weeks...he is now almost 17 weeks.

Buster_1.jpg

Congrats. I hope the meet-and-greet goes well.

I am hopeless with puppy names. So no help here.

Not sure when is the best time to switch from puppy food to adult in a larger breed, but for BCs, many of us move them to adult food from 4-6 months of age - and your new dog is within that range. But again, he is not a BC - so get advice from people who know the larger breeds.

Jovi

Handsome pup - he looks like he is ready to play and have fun, and look at the size of those paws !

possible names ? Hulk, Rowdy, Dude, Igor

As far as food, we are getting ready to switch to 4Health grain free which seems to be highly recommended, it is supposed to be availble at "Tractor Supply" stores, here is a review -

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/4health-grain-free-dog-food-dry/

I know he is going to be a big boy! I seen the 4Health at tractor supply. BTW I went there to by cowboy magic and I love it!

We added some more names to the list to narrow down.. Cyrus, Titan, Maverick, Kato, Apache, Kodiak, there was more I forgot...Uzi already has been taken off the list...lol Ahhh, thinking of names is like a chore!

Handsome pup - he looks like he is ready to play and have fun, and look at the size of those paws !

possible names ? Hulk, Rowdy, Dude, Igor

As far as food, we are getting ready to switch to 4Health grain free which seems to be highly recommended, it is supposed to be availble at "Tractor Supply" stores, here is a review -

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/4health-grain-free-dog-food-dry/

We took Libby off puppy food at 16 weeks (sorry my signiture is out of date), but i dont know much about large breed dogs. We were feeding her ProPlan Focus Chicken and Rice. She seemed to do well on it, although as soon as we switched her to adult food we took her off of ProPlan, the only reason we had her on it in the first place is because that's what she was on when we got her.