BC Boards

Good obedience training books.

I just got done reading 'The Culture Clash' by Jean Donaldson and thought it was quite good. I don't totally agree with everything she says, but it has given me new perspectives on some behaviors to mull over. I haven't read it yet, but have heard from several different sources 'Don't Shoot the Dog' by Karen Pryor is excellent also.

------------------

Cindy & Daphne

I liked "Beyond Basic Dog Training" by Dianne Bauman.Her book grabbed my attention from page one on.While I believe books are good and help with extra added advice I do strongly recommend enroling in a dog obedience school for the extra ooportunity of working around other dogs and people.

Sue Barta

The above mentioned books are good ones. I also like Schutzhund Obedience, Training in Drive by Sheila Booth. Yes, it is a schutzhund book, but it gives a lot of tips for creating more drive and focus in your dog. The other book that I really like is Smart Trainers, Brilliant Dogs by Janet R. Lewis. Janet Lewis is actually a border collie person. Janet's book deals with using positive along with negatives(consequences). Something that I do agree with as our dogs do seem to need a balance.

JMHO

------------------

Kathy Flynn, CVT

Sogn Valley Farm and Border Collies

Cannon Falls, MN

507-263-4767