Jack

Border Collie

Young

Male

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25953856

Fort Campbell Stray Animal Impound Facility

Fort Campbell, KY

270-798-5519

Our shelter is always at capacity as it is a shelter serving Fort Campbell KY. All animals have limited time. Don't delay; contact us if you see an animal you wish to adopt. Time is of the essence! Shelter is open Monday thru Fridays from 10 to 3. We are closed on Saturday and Sunday and located on Fort Campbell Army Post on 8th Street between Desert Storm and Stillwell. Everyone is welcome to come and adopt. Call 270-798-5519 for any additional information. Thanks for helping our animals!

I called about him this morning. There has not been much, if any interest in him. He appears to have some basic training, according to the staff member I spoke with. "He is a nice dog". I have family in KY but they are 4 hours away from this shelter. I've posted on my FB page (where I keep track of family across the US) that I will pay someone to pull him and get him to the Stanton area, though it is doubtful that I'll get any help. I would be willing to travel to western Maryland (possibly farther) for him if someone can get him that far. Since I have a landlord that I don't want to push too far, I can only keep him for a couple of days.

I would seriously take him if someone could get him closer. I can either foster (I have a friend with a rescue so she can at least post him on petfinder) or if he works well in my house, keep him. I wonder if she could even help with transport since she exclusively pulls dogs from 3 southern shelters and may have transport connections. Was he a surrender or stray?

GREAT!! I had one response from KY--someone who would have helped, but had to wait until after work when the shelter would likely have been closed. So, I'm very happy that he has been rescued.

I was reading down and about to say that I could help with transport if needed (North-central WV) or maybe even a transport from Lexington KY to my area following the Bluegrass, but it appears he is now in good hands. Thank goodness!

PS - My daughter got her Ben through WTNBCR and they were wonderful! Ben has, however, turned out to have nothing in common with Border Collies except coloration but he's a happy dog in a happy home, and that's what counts. He sure had us all fooled by "looking" like a Border Collie before he filled out and his coat came in...