BC Boards

Video of Meg's latest NADAC trial

This was last weekend. A little background...Meg has been training for a couple years and was a shy and nervous dog when we started. Agility has really helped her confidence and we started doing NADAC trails last summer. This is our 4th. We had 7 runs total for the weekend, 4 Regular, 2 Touch N Go, and one tunnelers. We had qualifying runs in both TnG runs! Yay! But our Regular runs were...well, not so great, but fun. (I'm not sure how we did in tunnelers because I didn't stick around to see.)

So here's the video for anyone who's interested. If see any handling mistakes or have any suggestions, let me know. I noticed a few things I need to work on. My knee is in bad shape so I was even slower than usual (not that I'm ever all that fast). On Sunday after she went to visit the Golden Retriever and I had her come back and do the weaves, I forgot where I was going so just did what I could to get her to the A-Frame (her favorite) so we could finish on a good note.

http://youtu.be/3LmTQwtjEqc

I'm not gonna give you any handling tips, as I need those myself. However, I thoroughly enjoyed your video! I especially loved your comments :lol:/> and the music (haven't heard Dead Skunk since college...and that was long, long ago.) Meg looked like she was having fun -- and I wondered how cold it was since I could see her breath at times in the video. Good Job Meg!!!

Good discrimination! I have a really hard time getting Layla to not take the dog walk or A-frame every time she sees it. You guys are doing good! I have a NADAC trial coming up on March 9 and 10. I am hoping Layla gives me some kind of start-line stay and doesn't perform her latest trick of jumping from half-way down the dog walk. Yea, we're novice too, LOL.

Your dog is adorable. I forgot where we were going during "weavers" at our last trial, and Layla hadn't even given me and excuse :P/>, so I'm hoping the handler in our team is up to snuff too.

I got involved in agility to help Layla get confidence as well, it has helped her a lot with that.

I will be completely screwed though if there are tennis balls on a fence next week, tennis balls are pure gold in our house. I kept watching your video thinking OH MY GOD, TENNIS BALLS RIGHT THERE!

Thank you!

It was pretty cold. I think the high was around 38F, low was around 15F. Both mornings it was freezing! Couldn't feel my toes. Saturday the sun was shining so it warmed up later in the day, but Sunday was overcast and cold all day.

Meg has done some pretty acrobatic things go around me and get on the A-frame so we've been working a lot on that. I was very happy when she got it right last weekend.

Lol...fortunately Meg is picky about her tennis balls. She likes them squeaky and squishy and flying through the air.