BC Boards

Looking for instruction

Pam Wolf

What part of Virginia Pam? There are lots of VA folks, so it just sort of depends on where in VA as to who to point him/her to.

J.

Not sure it matters that much. She is coming from NM and VA is a LOT smaller than there. She is used to travelling and once she connects it will enable her to expand.

My best contacts have either died or moved from that area. Thanks

Barbara Ray is in VA; Excellent trainer http://www.bigbendfarm.com/bordercollies.html

Sam Furman is in VA; she is giving lessons again; she's about an hour outside of Richmond

In the north is Keepstone farm, Susan Rhoades does all breed but has trialed in USBCHA trials, Berryville, VA

I'll try and think of more; I've got opposite sides of the state

Cynthia

Not trying to argue Pam--just wanted to be able to point her in the direction of *good* people who are the closest to her. If you don't know that information, that's fine, but as Robin said, there is a wide range in the quality of instruction available in VA, so throwing out a bunch of random names doesn't seem the most efficient way to help. I would second Cynthia's suggestions of either Barbara or Sam. If she ends up in the northern part of the state, she would be able to expand her options into MD or PA as well (which is why I asked what I asked; I can't think of anyone I'd recommend off the top of my head in northern VA, but there are folks in MD/PA who are good, and if she ends up in the northern part of the state, those folks would be a good option, but not so much if she ends up in the southern part of the state, but whatever). Although it's not a foolproof method, she could look at trial results in VA (VBCA) and NEBCA and see who does consistently well and then talk to those folks about potential instructors as well.

J.

There are a lot of options in VA, some a LOT better than others.

Right on.

And if you expand to MD, southern PA, northern NC, you have a lot more options with excellent handler/trainers - Linda Tesdahl, Carla King, Robin French, just to mention a few.