BC Boards

Ladybug hurt her paw

ejano

Ladybug hurt her paw while running in the near field yesterday. It isn't a serious injury. She favored it quite a bit yesterday but she's improving today. This is a milestone we hoped wouldn't come - it's her first "old age" injury.

Ladybug is 12 years old this year - we've owned her for 8 years. She's an adoptee from the SPCA and it was our good fortune to find her the day after Christmas. She is easily the best trained dog we have ever owned - and we can't take credit for any of it. We love her ferocious spirit, her winsome little Ladybug ways, her freckles and ticking on her legs. One sock up and one sock down on her front feet. The barest hint of white on the tip of her tail. She's a pretty little Ladybug. She is devoted to DH, dedicated to chasing balls and frisbees and this past year, she's discovered she has a power over sheep. And she still keeps those boys in line!

It is sad to see her age. She's been slowing down for several years, but this year, it's easier to see the difference. We love her all the more.

July5027A.jpg

Hurting her paw while running in a field is not a sign of old age. A puppy can hurt its paw on a briar, a stone, a sharp stick.... Anyone can even turn an ankle on a root or a soft patch of mud.

Hurting her paw while running in a field is not a sign of old age. A puppy can hurt its paw on a briar, a stone, a sharp stick.... Anyone can even turn an ankle on a root or a soft patch of mud.

The injury (her first ever) brings home the fact that she is aging and is more vulnerable to injury.

Aww, sweet, pretty little Ladybug. Kiss her freckles for me! :)

~ Gloria

Kisses delivered....I've been watching her today and the injury is definately in the joint, not her toe...our vet prescribed aspirin and rest... I wonder if I should put a cold pack on it too, when I am icing down my knee!

Liz

Archived