BC Boards

Trainer near Oswego, NY (Central NY)

Does anyone know of a stockdog trainer near Oswego, NY? This is for a Border Collie and possibly an ACD, too - but mostly the Border Collie. She claims she "just wants to see" but you know how that works out, mwah-hah-hah-hah . . . .Anyway, she's not particularly interested in driving three or four hours if it can be helped.

I used to live near Oswego and I went down to Cheryl (Jagger) Williams in PA. She is the closest I can think of. They live about 45 minutes to an hour south of Binghamton. http://www.jaggerwilliamsbordercollies.com/ Gotta be careful at their farm, Walt has wanted to sneak off with my Freya for years (she goes back to his Vic).

There is someone north of Ithaca who owns Kelpies and I think BCs now who hosts AHBA trials, not sure if she trains dogs.

Joyce Geier is in Mendon, NY - about 1 1/2 hours away. There are some closer people I would avoid at all costs or send them only cautiously to . . .

Oswego's also close enough to Canada so that your friend might, perhaps, consider going to Ontario (~ 2 hours) and working with some of those folks.

Kim

I had the pleasure of meeting Gene Sheninger at a local trial not too long ago. I am a complete newbie and he kind enough to explain to me a little bit of what I was seeing. I overheard some ladies talking about taking lessons from him, so I know he teaches...but not what level, or anything. He is in Boonton, NJ, which is away up north. That might be doable from Oswego.

Cheers!