BC Boards

Looking for a Mentor

harborsite

I would really like to try my new BC rescue around stock. She is absolutely NOT interested in balls, toys or food. But she is very good at trying to keep us girls all in the same room. Almost drives her crazy when I try and sleep and the kids are still up (I work nights).

Do you know anyone remotely close to Chattanooga that would let me see if she shows any potential? I have a great set up here if she does.

Thanks,

Ruth

Did you get her from a rescue group? Do they know of anyone close by?

Littlehats is a great place to start. There's no listing for TN instructors but that doesn't mean there's nobody. The Tholkes (listed under SC) do regular clinics which would be ideal for trying it out, and then they will almost for sure know someone closer if you get the bug. :cool:

Good luck!

I was able to take Rose out and introduce her to some sheep on Saturday. We all had a blast, Rose, my too girls and myself. We found someone who is less than 100 miles from us. His name is Hubert Bailey. He was great with Rose as well as encouraging my girls too to learn as well.

Rose showed some promise. It was great to see she has interest in something. She may not like tennis balls or frizbees but she sure did like the sheep!

Hope to be getting back down to see him VERY soon.

Ruth