BC Boards

Whistle for the Cure?

Is there a Whistle for the Cure sheepdog trial up by Oxford this year? I'd enter Fergie posthumously - and come.

Hi Nancy,

Robin is probably the best person to answer this, but she's traveling to Canada and out west this fall, so not planning a trial. She held a trial this spring that benefited ovarian cancer research.

That said, a group of us are planning to join Joan's Knightingales and actually participate in the walk/run this year (hmmm...wonder if we can bring dogs? will have to ask Jim) on Sept. 17, and we'd love for you to join us! I'm waiting for Jim to get back to me with details for Joan's team.

ETA: Oops, posting at the same time as Robin....

J.

Where is the walk/run? And what time?

I've sponsored a runner and a sleeper in two Race for the Cure events: Salt Lake City and Raleigh.

My sister-in-law Betty lived 5 years from her diagnosis. I want to join the team so my daughters and grandaughters don't have to be afraid. Let me know when you have information about the team. It's more fun to be in a group.

Julie, keep me in the loop please. They don't have a choice about my dog so there will be at least one Border Collie. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, Jim has registered Joan's Knightingales and we're good to go! Here's the link to the website. Click on Register > Joining a Team. Put Joan's name (Joan) in the search bar, and her team page will come up. Go from there. I hope we have a good group on September 17.

For those of you who can't participate, please consider donating money through Joan's team. Joan was one of our own, and she was such a positive role model to those of us who knew her. Let's help fight this deadly disease!

J.

Archived