BC Boards

Puppy Mill Alert

Hello

I am new to this Website and happened on it last night while "surfing the net" looking for information on the breeding background of a young BC I just adopted from a rescue. I was horrified to find the posting last August from someone named "InFreddiesMemory" retelling her awful experience with a "breeder"/puppy mill from Temecula, California. I fear this may have been the breeder of my pup and I would like more information - if anyone can help... please!

My apologies in advance if this is not the proper way to go about this inquiry - I don't ever use Forums so I'm not familiar with the protocols...

Try sending a PM through these boards - that may get to her. Also, Anna (stockdogranch) here is familiar with what has happened, and you could try contacting her.

Hopefully, the dog you have and are talking about may be alright and you have nothing to worry about - I hope that's the case.

Best wishes!

Hello

I am new to this Website and happened on it last night while "surfing the net" looking for information on the breeding background of a young BC I just adopted from a rescue. I was horrified to find the posting last August from someone named "InFreddiesMemory" retelling her awful experience with a "breeder"/puppy mill from Temecula, California. I fear this may have been the breeder of my pup and I would like more information - if anyone can help... please!

My apologies in advance if this is not the proper way to go about this inquiry - I don't ever use Forums so I'm not familiar with the protocols...

You've likely already done this, but have you contacted the rescue with your concerns? I'm a novice here myself, but I'm thinking that in many cases the rescue might be able to shed more light on things. Additionally if it is a breed specific rescue, they likely would have seen the types of red flags mentioned in the other thread when temperament testing and such for adoptability. Just a thought.

Archived