BC Boards

This... this is great!

JaderBug

My dad sent me this link to a discussion on AgTalk where they ('they' meaning 'regular' farmers/ranchers) were talking about watching the internet sales and demos of the stock dogs at the National Western Stock Show.

I just love the dialogue on this where they're saying how useful a dog like that is and "would take a few hired men to take their place", etc, things we all already know.

How could something like this be communicated more? Sounds like the internet auction of these dogs at that show must've reached a number of people, why doesn't RFDTV do more with stock dogs? I know a lot of farmers who's TVs never leave RFD. How could more programming be introduced to show useful herding breeds, Border Collies or otherwise?

Something more than demos... I know AQHA had a "Test Ride" program at some expos I once went to, any way a "Test Stock Work" could be set up, put some well-trained and will-work-for-anyone dogs on stock for someone to try out at a show or expo?

Just thinking out loud, maybe we can get some good ideas going!

When RFDTV first came out I e-mailed them asking if they could include something on training/working stock dogs. Never heard anything back; probably thought I was some kinda nut.

Samantha

RFD-TV actually is a major sponsor of the USBCHA National Cattledog Finals in May. They came on board last year, I think. However, if I understand right, to broadcast on RFD-TV- people must come up with their sponsors to pay for airtime and the cost of producing the show, RFD-TV doesn't produce many shows themselves. I have seen a couple of stockdog related shows on RFD-TV (which my TV rarely leaves- only to watch the hunting shows, anyway)on the Cattleman to Cattleman show.

Archived