BC Boards

Rehoming

katieh

I've posted here before about my border collie and received great help. However, it's come to the point where I believe our best option is to find him a new home. He needs much more than I can give him, and that's completely unfair to him. It's not his fault our life changed so much and he deserves more than I can give. That is why I want to find him an appropriate home or a rescue group that can. Can anyone give me any help/advice as to the best way to go about this?

Hi katieh,

I believe in a previous post you wrote that you had gotten your dog through a rescue program. If so, you may be required to return him to that rescue program. Most rescue organizations have a clause in their adoption contract that states that if the dog is ever given up, it must go back to the rescue organization. Please check your adoption agreement to see if that is the case.

Regards,

nancy

I would love to do this. However, I think the group has since fallen apart. It was out of Baton Rouge. I found this dog on petfinder, talked to the lady once on the phone, met in person and got the dog. She was supposed to send his vet records and heartworm preventatives to me and never did. I tried getting in touch with her about that shortly after adopting him to no avail. And now when I search for it, they have no "available dogs" and no phone number for me to call.

Hi again,

I agree that it seems as if the rescue group in Baton Rouge is no longer in operation, so returning your dog is most likely not an option. There are a couple of other Border Collie rescue organizations that cover Louisiana, and here are the links to those:

Border Collie Rescue Texas: http://www.bcrescuetexas.org/

All Border Collie Rescue: http://www.allbordercollierescue.com/

I am sure that giving up your dog will not be easy, and hopefully there will be a rescue in your area that will assist in rehoming him.

Regards,

nancy

Archived