BC Boards

A question about equipment color

Here are a couple of not great photos of Boy using the improved version of his ramp. I didn't have to coax him down this afternoon, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

IMG_0247_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0248_edited-1.jpg

The yellow definitely provides a good contrast between the black rubber stall mat at the top and the start of the ramp. He doesn't see well in low light, so I hope the contrast will help at night especially.

Now, if only I could convince Jill to use the ramp, I'd be in business (though I'll probably have to put side rails on it before she consents to doing so).

J.

is it just the picture, or does it really look like he is spreading his toes as he walks down?

No, his feet have flattened as he's aged and his toes just tend to spread now. They actually not only spread, but also sort of bend sideways. The difficulty he has going down relates to the lameness and stiffness caused by the extreme spondylosis in his back, and given the difficulty he gives me trimming the hair between his footpads and trimming his toenails now, I suspect his feet are painful too (other dog feet I've seen like that were dogs with badly arthritic toes). He won't step onto the ramp one foot at a time, but instead hops down with both feet, which tends to cause him to slide. He scared me to death tonight hopping down and landing very close to the edge. I think the next step will be to put side rails on to prevent the risk of him falling off the side. Sigh.

J.

No, his feet have flattened as he's aged and his toes just tend to spread now. They actually not only spread, but also sort of bend sideways. The difficulty he has going down relates to the lameness and stiffness caused by the extreme spondylosis in his back, and given the difficulty he gives me trimming the hair between his footpads and trimming his toenails now, I suspect his feet are painful too (other dog feet I've seen like that were dogs with badly arthritic toes). He won't step onto the ramp one foot at a time, but instead hops down with both feet, which tends to cause him to slide. He scared me to death tonight hopping down and landing very close to the edge. I think the next step will be to put side rails on to prevent the risk of him falling off the side. Sigh.

J.

Aw. :rolleyes:

Archived