BC Boards

Blood Bank/Donation

Bluzinnias

A little while ago there was a post about blood bank donation. This organization travels around MD, DC, VA, DE at maybe more. Dr. Ann and her staff are the best and they really love these dogs. Consider having your pet volunteer for this lifesaving organization. They really need the help.

Michelle

Dr. Ann will be at the hospital on Monday. I'll ask her! It's a great idea. I wish my other dogs could donate. Bill isn't good with being poked and prodded and they won't accept any dog that isn't in for it 100%. My pup is finally of age and he loves to cuddle. He's being evaluated this week. My little girl is too small - donors have to weigh 35#. She's just under.

I'll let you know what she says! It would be worth it I would think if they could do a couple of full days.

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

Any way to talk them into adding NC to the list of places they travel? I'd donate (well, the dogs would) in a heartbeat if they came within a couple of hours of here.

J.

Michelle:

Duncan says he's totally OK with donating blood (did you mention TREATS?), but we're in the wilds of NH at the moment. We'll be back in town at the end of August. I'll be sure to contact them to see if they'll give him a go!

Though someone will have to make sure I don't watch. I faint at the sight of blood...

I had wondered if they would be interested in setting up a booth at the finals. Don't know if they could do a donation center as they have to screen the blood but at least it would get the word out there. I might ask them when they are here on Monday.

Michelle

I had wondered if they would be interested in setting up a booth at the finals. Don't know if they could do a donation center as they have to screen the blood but at least it would get the word out there. I might ask them when they are here on Monday.

Michelle

Oooh, I think a booth at the Finals is a great idea! I know my SIL and BIL will be there (though perhaps without their dog). Houston is not a Border collie but he's WAY over the weight limit and they're totally dog people. They've just moved to Shepherdstown, WV (I'm going to descend on them rather than pay for a hotel). I betcha anything they'd sign Houston up, purely out of altruism!

Seriously, I'm sure there will be a lot of "dog" people attending from the general environs. It'd be a great way to get the word out!

Archived