BC Boards

Calgary Stampede

airbear

Here's most of Rex's run from this year's Calgary Stampede. I was pretty happy with how he ran, especially since it was his first time amongst all the crowds and hoopla. He handled it like a pro, and he says next year, he's going to teach me how to hold my side at the pen. :rolleyes:

I hope to have some of Lou's run posted soon. Unfortunately, it's not the one where he gripped. I would have loved to have seen my face on THAT run! :D

Pretty Asian woman, occasional Scottish accent? Hmm...

Rex seemed to have a full head of steam going on. Arenas can be so tough - small areas don't leave much room for error.

Thanks for sharing!

Arena trials make me a Very Bad Handler. Not that I am by default a Very Good Handler but there's something about arena trials that brings out the absolute adrenalin junkie in me. OH MY GOD, WE NEED TO GO ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BARREL OR WE ALL WILL DIE!!!! Plus, Rex is a little bit energetic, so we kinda feed off each other.

Also, I noticed that I said in the video that we had to go counter-clockwise around the post. Yeah, no, that would be a clockwise turn. :rolleyes:

I understand entirely! Celt and I both get uber-anxious in tighter spaces and, where there's not much room for error (or to correct a mistake), it's usually a train wreck for us.

I think you were totally brave - those huge sheep the other week and the arena at Calgary. Is there anything you won't try?

Archived