BC Boards

Where can I get a whistle

JasmineTX

I read some of your posts about whistles (not siclent) for different tons. I looked up different petstore website but I couldn't find anything like it. I also went to Kent Kuykendall's CD site but no whistle. I might but the CD but i would need a whistle first! (By the way, I live near Houston, Texas)

Is there a site I can go to buy one online?? any suggestions on which brand?

Hi-

The whistle that I have found to be the easiest one for me to use is the A-1 and it can be found at www.francisraley.com. The business name is The Doghouse. I have talked to a few different people who have had a good experience in using this whistle also. Otherwise you can also try Border Collies in Action at www.bordercollies.com as they carry whistles and other Border Collies items.

The A-1 is a darn fine whistle. You can also get cheapo plastic ones for about $2 from places like Premier Sheep Supplies http://www.premier1supplies.com as well as Border Collies in Action.

I still keep a few plastic ones around in case I forget or misplace my A-1.

The best whistle -- which I can still not use -- is attached to the end of your hands. If you can learn to whistle with your fingers, you're all set.