BC Boards

Tempe playing flyball again - this time start dog

Here is another video of Tempe playing flyball. She was really freaked out at this weekend and was only running as needed but she still gave some decent times. She is once again loping to the box but still managed a 4.8. If she ever really gets comfortable running she could be very fast. I am happy though that she is running at all. She tries her best and that is all I can ask.

I can't see flyball as anything that would ever appeal to me, but I was pleased to see Tempe give it her best (what else can we ask?). I also found the strategy interesting (fastest dog last?). But, most of all, I found the different striding/jumping of the four rather different dogs to be quite intriguing to watch.

I've never watched a flyball run before to remember it. I can see where people who enjoy it (and whose dogs enjoy it) can get caught up in the excitement.

The 4th dog on the team is an aussie that has some passing issues which we are working on but normally you put your 2 fastest dogs as start and anchor. The aussie is fast as crap though and races the other dogs. She has won us many races.

It is amazing to see the difference in strides and how body shape, conditioning, weight, "conformation", drive, etc... effect the stride. The stride can also be effected but having a turn on the box. Tempe has a nice turn and the aussie has a great turn and the 2 in the middle do not.

FBI has some fast dogs but we do believe that all dogs should get to play.

Archived