BC Boards

Too cold to train dogs

Steve Riddle

Well, looks like it's getting too damn cold to train dogs outside again, so I guess I'll plop down in front of the computer all winter. I've got one last trail to hit in Hartford, KY next month and then that's all til March! (So what's been going on? did I miss much?)

------------------

"A good dog may be hard to find, ...but a hard dog usually means it's been dead for a while"

Wimp.....

I'm lambing,got 57 yesterday. Only 12 today,rams must have pooped out after the first day. Cold and windy as it was,some of the buggers came out bleating like their mama's.

At least we're in the barn.

------------------

Inci Willard

Clearville,PA

814-784-3414

ikw@pennswoods.net

-------------------

It's better to be silent and thought the fool,than to speak and remove all doubt.

Wimp? My hibernation weight is not yet up to par. I've been very busy this past year, getting a bloody nose knocked about in the Open. Finally! last month I placed, ...granted it was 8th place, but at least I know I don't have to start a petition so's I can drop back down into Pro-Novice! ha

Much like your rams Inci, I am worn out. I managed to do my part for 3 youngin's and now the young buck ram is tryin' to do me in! He's 15 and taller and bigger and smarter and faster. (I think I'll be out to pasture by the next time you head west and pay us a visit.) ...There will be nothing left of me by the time the two girls get to be teenagers.

------------------

"A good dog may be hard to find, ...but a hard dog usually means it's been dead for a while"

Steve Writes:

"Well, looks like it's getting too damn cold to train dogs outside again, so I guess I'll plop down in front of the computer all winter."

I reply:

Big wimp. I've moved to the great white north (West of Chicago), and we've not only been training (it's nice to have a facility where you can actually work your dog) but kidding (goats--not joking Steve :rolleyes:.

Steve,

I'll take up on your offer to stop by. This year it will be in June,trying to make Litton's trial.

And thankfully,lazy rams aren't mine. I'm just lambing out the herd for someone else.

------------------

Inci Willard

Clearville,PA

814-784-3414

ikw@pennswoods.net

-------------------

It's better to be silent and thought the fool,than to speak and remove all doubt.

Inci,

Where and when is this Litton's trial, maybe I'll ride with you! I've only got 2 good dogs to run.

And Eric,....

So I go and talk about maybe getting a new job and moving away, and then YOU wind up moving and I'm still stuck here? what's up with that? ha

------------------

Steve,

Litton trial is in Gilette,Wy and I believe it's the first week-end in June,afterwards it will be Powder Horn in Buffalo.

My brother-in-law just offered to fly me and my dogs but things could change if they'll end the furlogh in the AL industry between now and then.

We'll talk.

------------------

Inci Willard

Clearville,PA

814-784-3414

ikw@pennswoods.net

-------------------

[This message has been edited by ikw (edited 12-01-2002).]

Steve,

It's just that there's more of a market for nurses than historical farmers. Besides you don't live 2 blocks from your in-laws.

Back to the topic of training--Who up here is a good place to go to take the dog to sheep? I've got my wife talked into 'em but we don't have a place set up and won't until at least mid-summer.

Too cold????

Gyp (my young dog) and I won't get ourselves ready for trialing together if we don't go out and train. Besides, there's nothing like training a young dog to get you warm (or hot depending upon the training session). If you get cold while outside, try wool; it?s quite warm.

------------------

Mark Billadeau

[This message has been edited by Pipedream Farm (edited 12-02-2002).]