BC Boards

The Bluegrass

dracina

Hi all,

I know that it's still early, but I figured that since Open is full, most of you would probably have arrangements already. Can someone recommend a good place to stay that is close by? I don't need a dog-friendly hotel since I am not running a dog, just working.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Karrin

Also, Karrin, if you have a camper, you can camp right there (no tents, just self-enclosed campers). Red Roof is always a good choice for me - good rates and dog-friendly.

See you there - I am also just a volunteer.

Thanks for the tips, Julie and Sue. I figure that I'd better start looking now. Unfortunately, I am still a tent camper so I cannot stay on the grounds.

I am looking forward to meeting those handlers with whom I have yet to be acquainted, and excited to see some good runs! I will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I hope to see you there!

Karrin

Karrin,

I've gotten around the tent camping prohibition in the past by simply pulling the crates out of the van and sleeping in there. Not ideal and not good if the weather's bad (though I have a tarp to cover crates with), but cheaper than a hotel and I simply can't see setting up a tent at the horse park and then being gone all day. Not exactly secure.

J.

Thanks for the tips, Julie and Sue. I figure that I'd better start looking now. Unfortunately, I am still a tent camper so I cannot stay on the grounds.

I am looking forward to meeting those handlers with whom I have yet to be acquainted, and excited to see some good runs! I will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I hope to see you there!

Karrin

Like you, Julie, I camped in my Aerostar van for two years at the Bluegrass. Used the portajohns, heated solar water and used baby wipes (did all the personal grooming after dark :rolleyes: ), washed my hair up at the horse barns under the spigot (still do that - my camper is tiny and doesn't have a bathroom) - and had a great time!

Archived